Positivity = Creativity
Creativity requires a certain state of mind. Studies show that an increase in positive emotions leads to a broader thought-action repertoire. Basically, a happy, optimistic perspective opens your mind and ignites your creative side.
Findings suggest that if we want to live with a positive state of mind then we must start with building an upbeat environment. If we intentionally focus on fostering an optimistic attitude, then we open doors to ingenuity. The way this creativity takes shape in each of our lives differs; it’s personal. Express yourself authentically through art, a new idea, an original thought process, work, a unique activity...just commit to do it. You will thank yourself.
If you want to think innovatively and spark creativity, then here are some tips to elevate your positive meter.
- Start the day with a positive affirmation
- Think positive thoughts on purpose
- Speak uplifting words (No negative talk)
- Find humor in bad situations
- Pay attention to good things
- View funny video clips
- Tell a joke
- Embrace each day as a challenge to see the best in everything
- Check out some good comedy
- Listen to upbeat music
- Read a book with a happy ending
- Turn failures into lessons
- Focus on the present
- Find positive friends, mentors and co-workers
- Do something silly
- Laugh at yourself...laugh period
- Put a smile on your face
- Create personal space to set your mind in the right direction
Challenge yourself if you desire living a more creative, original life. We’ve heard the saying “think positively” and “turn your frown upside down” since childhood. Perhaps now the true importance of this adage speaks more profoundly to you.
Now...go have fun! Be happy! And, for goodness sake, create!